Monday, November 27, 2006

Becoming "Torontonian"

So on Saturday, after starting out with a very "Charlie Brown" artifical Christmas tree, my roommate and I decided to put that one back in its box and go and buy a REAL Christmas tree. Not owning a car, that would mean carrying it home on the subway! The TTC culture still holds true when two girls laughing hysterically and carrying a stinking tree get onto the subway - you still are stoic, look straight ahead, don't move, don't smile, and certainly don't talk. How can you not laugh at that?!? Come on people! I wish I had more than just the "mental picture". But I did feel very Torontonian - everything by public transit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Yeah for the REAL Christmas tree. My brother actually bought one today trying to "Deck the halls". The only problem being that we may have to cut a hole in the ceiling to stand it up inside.

Still, the Charlie brown Christmas remains a favorite.

Good to hear you girls have such an adventure.

2:48 a.m.  
Blogger Christine said...

Janette
Just catching up on your blog. I appreciate reading your various thoughts and opinions. I hope your back is feeling better. I'm sure it must be hard to be so limited.
I love that you actually went a got a real tree. Thats hilarious. I wish I could have seen what people were thinking as you brought a TREE onto the subway!! hahaha!! So I just had this thought that is was your birthday recently, or its coming up in a few days or something. Am I right?? Well, HAPPY belated or early Birthday anyways!!! Perhaps we'll run into each other over the holidays!!

10:56 a.m.  
Blogger ChenAngel said...

haha i Love it...i wish i had pictures

11:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home