Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Troubles on the Trail

About 30 seconds from my new apartment is the Beltline trail which I only discovered after moving there - and what a discovery its been! Crushed gravel, tree lined - doesn't feel like you're in a city at all. Tonight, I decided to take my newly tuned bike out for a ride. About as far away from home as I can get, my chain fell off. Now, I've fixed a few chains in my day and I wouldn't consider myself to be too stupid. I would also say that I'm fairly handy, or at least not totally useless. Well, I worked on that chain for about 20 minutes before giving up - I don't know what the problem is. The worst part is...

NO ONE STOPPED TO HELP ME. At least 20 people passed me by during that time and not one stopped and offered their help. What a sad commentary on humanity.

And to top it all off, I rode through dog crap at some point and now it's all stuck in the grooves of my tires. Sick. Clean up after your animals people!

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

J! you went biking alone???!!!! DON'T!!!

11:13 p.m.  
Blogger Terra said...

Oh Wendy you are one to talk!

9:22 p.m.  
Blogger lowonthego said...

hahaha, this was a HILARIOUS post...

(sorry to laugh at your misery...but i've gotta take ALL the chances i have to be amused out here in deadmonton)

11:41 p.m.  
Blogger Jenn said...

I would've helped you. Not that that would've made a difference.

6:30 p.m.  
Blogger Kirsten said...

what's wrong with biking alone?

6:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home