Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A serious, spiritual muse

Lately I have been very acutely aware of how blessed I am by God. Not just blessed as we generally think of the word (material) although that is also the case, but blessed in many, many ways. Most incredible is feeling blessed in my relationship with the Lord - experiencing His "Fatherly-ness" on an almost daily basis - feeling protected, close, aware of His presence. I have seen God time and time again meet every need of mine in the past and present, and it has given me an increasing faith in what John Piper would call "future grace". Nothing has made this more clear to me than the "ever-faith-stretching" support raising. In a very tangible way, I have seen my Father provide time and time again in something that is SO easy for me to worry about and not trust Him with. That tangible provision has opened my eyes to the innumerable ways that He provides in every other avenue of life, in those areas that are little more fuzzy or more difficult to put my finger on. Would my eyes have been opened without that ongoing experiencing? And, how much more they need to be opened yet! I still am so blind to all that God is and does. Our God is amazing isn't he?

As I'm moving, I'm thinking of all that I've learned in the last year and a half here. Living alone has been a challenge at times but it has allowed me the opportunity to more closely rely on God for friendship and so experience deeper intimacy with Him. I find myself praying more often - perhaps because there was less noise, no one else to talk to (as if He should be the last resort?!?), fewer distractions, etc. Being put in places of loneliness for a season are good - they confront me with the fact that human relationships will never fill all my deepest longings. I get fooled too often. I need "lesson one" again and again.

I'm going to bed. I'm tired of packing, boxes, and cleaning. Who's idea was this crazy moving thing anyways?!?

1 Comments:

Blogger andyjohnson said...

Hmmm. Lots to think about in this post. I needed that. Thanks for putting some things in perspective for me Janette. And nice haircut!

4:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home