Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Georgia on my mind

Drove 16 hours through the sticks to spend a very short 3 days with my aunt, uncle, and cousins in Georgia! Check out this gi-normous peach that is on the side of the highway about 2 hours from Toccoa Falls (where my family lives).

















Highlights

  • watching my uncle do DDR (Dance dance revolution) in the most redneck bowling alley I have ever seen - they decided we needed a true southern US experience. Afterwards they swung us by the hang out of small town USA - a Walmart parking lot. Btw - I have to say that again I am reminded that Canada and the US - very different!
  • floating down a river on a tube for an afternoon. Sometimes the current took me, sometimes my very chivalrous 16 year old cousin towed me. It was extremely relaxing.
  • catching up with my family - they are very restful, understanding, wonderful people who I really wished lived closer.
  • tallying the number of times Kirsten says "like" - I think it was around 25 times in 1 1/2 hours. Me - only 20. We're trying to break the habit of sounding like (that would be the correct usage of the word) teenie boppers. And we're super competitive so this works well. I'm winning.
  • shopping at the outlets. Yup, i, janette doerksen, am saying that i enjoyed shopping! I scored and love the deals - capris for $10! Good times.

A great vacation.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

ahem.
I think it would be APPROPRIATE to also mention that I TALK more than you. My use of the word 'like' per minute talking is probably significantly less proportionally than yours.
Besides, I blame it all on Kelley anyway.

11:29 p.m.  
Blogger Terra said...

Funny comment Kirsten... good work though ladies. That 'like' is killer. Come home soon Janette.

6:35 p.m.  
Blogger pri said...

That is HUGE. If only it was real. I would want to eat it. I wonder how long it would take for me to finish it. yummmm.

Looks like you had a grand time in Georgia :). Lookin forward to our tear-fest sleepover!! As you would say... It's only going to be, like, amazing.

9:23 p.m.  
Blogger lowonthego said...

okay during the moment-to-remember-how-is-it-possible-for-a-20-year-old-to-get-alzheimer's-cheese-fest sleepover, i think we'll have to go find a DDR machine and play. obviously, DDR is in your blood. inherited from your uncle.

so.

we must play.

9:44 p.m.  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

like WHAT?!!

12:03 p.m.  
Blogger pri said...

DDR!!!!!!

YES we must! I LOVE DDR.

2:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home