Friday, April 14, 2006

A look inside my fridge

In light of the far-too-quickly-approaching move, I have refused to go to the grocery store and instead, am attempting to eat myself "out of house and home" so to speak. It's been 3 weeks and I have hardly made a dent. It makes me wonder, where does the expression, "I have nothing in the house to eat" come from?!? It's a complete lie. Mind you, I've had some pretty interesting combinations - 2 left over chicken fingers with tuna and carrots. All good on their own....but together?

Am I hording food just in case we go to war? Or maybe for another Y2K non-incident? (Y2K - so funny) I wonder what someone from India or parts of Africa would say when they opened my fridge or cupboards. Or for that matter, one of the many homeless people on our streets here. It kind of makes me sick. We really have no idea how good we have it. Try it one day - see how long you can go without groceries, except maybe a carton of milk to finish off the 3 half boxes of cereal you've had for months.

1 Comments:

Blogger shellieos said...

J, you're moving?

yeah i know what you mean about eating myself out of house and home. i've been trying to do that too. getting stuck on those pasta tho...ugh...wanna come help?

9:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home