Tuesday, March 21, 2006

One song, so many memories

Okay, so this post will show my age....
I was in a little cafe at U of T in deep conversation with a girl and over the speaker, "Night Swimming" by REM starts playing. It's been about 10 years since I heard that song and it brought me back. I stopped mid-sentence and told the girl I needed a minute. I tried to start again I think 3 times but couldn't focus on the conversation!
So the memories that belong to that song....
Driving with my sister and probably a car full of friends and teammates in the "gummi-mobile" (a rust brown '87 oldsmobile - our car in high school) to and from practices and games, listening to one of the many mix tapes that my sister and I had made. Ah, high school - good times! One very random song brings a flood of memories so clearly.

6 Comments:

Blogger lowonthego said...

hahha mix tapes.

that was a bit before my era. :P just kidding.

but speaking of tapes. i went to radio shack last year, and asked the guy where the casette tapes were located...

and he asked me what a casette tape was!!! like seriously? did he miss all of the 80s and 90s completely??

5:12 p.m.  
Blogger pri said...

what. LOL!! no way. how can someone NOT know what a casette tape is. if he is old enough to work he is old to know that. unbelievable.

9:17 p.m.  
Blogger lowonthego said...

hahah how can you not know where your house is pri?




teehee. just kidding :P you know you love me.

11:05 p.m.  
Blogger pri said...

hahaha. whatever!! wait till i see you today. youre totally gonna get it.

delilah.

and i FULLY know where my house is. getting there, however, is a whole other issue.

8:12 a.m.  
Blogger It's My DLu! said...

... back on topic ;)

that fully happens to me, especially with two songs:

1) "Sail Away" by David Gray. rainy days, big windows, bed and desk with red posts, white cinder blocks, quietness and impending change.

2) "Ru guo women bu zai jian" by Sammi Cheng (i think that's the translation. not quite sure about the last word). sky crackers, spring, melting snow, going back and forth from room to room, canto movie nights, instant noodles and china town.

aaaahhhhhhh. memories.

9:08 a.m.  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

"Night Swimming" takes me back to highschool too J!

5:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home