Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A Sad Day

Went to St.Catharines today to attend my great aunt's funeral. She has always been one of those really cool aunts, despite her 91 years. She was about 4'8'' with a personality larger than life. She never married and so we kind of adopted her as a grandmother in a way. I'm sad that she is gone.

All day I have missed my grandfather more than ever before. He passed away 3 years ago while I was in Asia and I missed his funeral. It upsets me still that I feel like I missed out on saying goodbye - like I was robbed of something that I'll never get back. I don't think I've yet grieved him properly. But I miss him a lot. My aunts gravesite is close to my grandfather's and the funeral services were at the same church. It seemed too similar.

Today I am grieving my aunt and my grandfather.

Another time a more uplifting post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

I'm sorry J!

7:53 p.m.  
Blogger deb said...

sorry to hear the sad news (times two). that's tough. I'm sad to hear that you are going through a tough time grieving your grandfather as well. it's sad. no need to uplift.

11:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home